Clopidogrel or Ticagrelor: Why, When, for Whom?
This session is the fifth in a series of six webinars from the ISCP focusing on the A to Z of CV Pharmacotherapy.
Webinars in this series include:
- Ferric Carboxymaltose: Ironing Out the Issues Around Heart Failure Related Readmissions
- Inclisiran: A Jab Goes a Long Way
- Edoxaban: ENGAGEing in Individualisation of DOACs
- Valsartan Sacubitril: Has our PARADIGM shifted?
For more details on upcoming webinars please visit our upcoming events section.
This webinar is an independent activity run by the International Society of Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy (ISCP). The ISCP has been provided support to develop this webinar by Novartis Singapore. The supporter has had no influence on the content of the programme or provided any funding to Radcliffe Cardiology.
Dual antiplatelet therapy (DAPT), consisting of aspirin and a P2Y12 inhibitor, is the cornerstone of the management of acute coronary syndromes. Despite its proven benefits, the choice of P2Y12 inhibitors remain to be debated over the decades because of the differences in efficacy and safety profiles among these agents. In this 60-minute session by the ISCP focusing on the A to Z of CV Pharmacotherapy, we will examine the differences between clopidogrel and ticagrelor, the two most widely used P2Y12 inhibitors worldwide. We will also identify the patient groups who can benefit most and discuss the optimal treatment duration.
- To evaluate and understand which patients should and should not be prescribed with clopidogrel and ticagrelor and which patients groups might benefit most;
- To review the pharmacokinetics of clopidogrel and ticagrelor and their potential drug-drug interactions;
- To analyse special and regional issues that impact the use of this drug;
- To apply evidence-based recommendations to two real world cases.
- Cardiovascular team members – doctors, nurses, pharmacists
- Family physicians
Led by moderators Craig Beavers (USA) and Franco Cheng (Hong Kong), it includes a speaker presentation from Diana A Gorog (UK) and a discussion from panellist Sotiris Antoniou (UK) that will examine the difference between two widely used P2Y12 inhibitors, clopidogrel and ticagrelor, through consideration of real-world examples, live discussions and audience Q&A.
Clopidogrel or Ticagrelor: Why, When, for Whom?Wednesday 07th Dec 2022 @ 12:00 am