Edoxaban: ENGAGEing in Individualisation of DOACs
This webinar is the third in a series of webinars from the ISCP, produced by Radcliffe Cardiology, focusing on the A to Z of CV Pharmacotherapy.
Webinars in this series include:
- Ferric Carboxymaltose: Ironing Out the Issues Around Heart Failure Related Readmissions
- Inclisiran: A Jab Goes a Long Way
For more details of upcoming webinars please visit our upcoming events section.
This webinar is an independent activity run by the International Society of Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy (ISCP). The ISCP has been provided support to develop this webinar by Novartis Singapore. The supporter has had no influence on the content of the programme or provided any funding to Radcliffe Cardiology.
Direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) have revolutionised the treatment of venous thromboembolism and atrial fibrillation. By the time edoxaban was approved in 2015, healthcare providers already had a few years of experience with using dabigatran, rivaroxaban and apixaban and determining which is preferred based on patient characteristics. This webinar will review the use of edoxaban, with a focus on its special features in relation to other DOACs and practical tips for its use in clinical practice. This webinar is the third in a series of six webinars from the ISCP focusing on the A to Z of CV Pharmacotherapy.
- To evaluate and understand which patients should and should not be prescribed edoxaban and which patients groups might benefit most;
- To determine how edoxaban should be administered and what dosage adjustments and drug interactions need to be noted;
- To analyse special and regional issues that impact the use of this drug;
- To apply evidence-based recommendations to two real world cases.
- Cardiovascular team members – doctors, nurses, pharmacists
- Family physicians
- Cardiovascular pharmacotherapy researchers
Led by moderators Claire Lew (Singapore) and Ann Leung (Hong Kong), it includes a speaker presentation from Doreen Su-Yin Tan (Singapore) and a discussion from panellists Gheorghe-Andrei Dan (Romania) and Oskars Kalējs (Latvia) that will examine the importance of DOACs, through consideration of real-world examples, live discussions and audience Q&A.
Edoxaban: ENGAGEing in Individualisation of DOACsWednesday 10th Aug 2022 @ 12:30 pm
Doreen Su-Yin Tan