Valsartan Sacubitril: Has our PARADIGM shifted?
This webinar is the fourth in a series of webinars from the ISCP, produced by Radcliffe Cardiology, focusing on the A to Z of CV Pharmacotherapy.
Webinars in this series include:
- Ferric Carboxymaltose: Ironing Out the Issues Around Heart Failure Related Readmissions
- Inclisiran: A Jab Goes a Long Way
- Edoxaban: ENGAGEing in Individualisation of DOACs
For more details on upcoming webinars please visit our upcoming events section.
This webinar is an independent activity run by the International Society of Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy (ISCP). The ISCP has been provided support to develop this webinar by Novartis Singapore. The supporter has had no influence on the content of the programme or provided any funding to Radcliffe Cardiology.
Patients with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF) suffer from poor survival, high hospitalisations rate and long-term mortality. HFpEF patients are often overlooked as compared to the more well-known HFrEF where the famous “fantastic four” are now well-known as disease-modifying therapies. The plethora of evidence-based studies have time and again proven their value in the modification of the untoward outcomes in the latter.
A recent ARNI trial has shown potential benefits of valsartan sacubitril on patients with HFpEF. Does that change the paradigm of how HFpEF should now be treated? Let us explore how we could apply the trial findings into our real-world clinical practice.
- To evaluate and understand which patients should and should not be prescribed valsartan sacubitril and which patients groups might benefit most;
- To determine how valsartan sacubitril should be administered and what dosage adjustments and drug interactions need to be noted;
- To analyse special and regional issues that impact the use of this drug;
- To apply evidence-based recommendations to two real-world cases.
- Cardiovascular team members – doctors, nurses, pharmacists
- Family physicians
- Cardiovascular pharmacotherapy researchers
Led by moderators Janice Wong (Malaysia) and Doreen Tan (Singapore), it includes a speaker presentation from Giuseppe Rosano (UK) and a discussion from panelists Richard Henry Tiongco (Philippines) and Rungroj Krittayphong (Thailand) that will examine the potential use of this agent in HFpEF population, through consideration of real-world examples, live discussions, and audience Q&A.
Valsartan Sacubitril: Has our PARADIGM shifted?Wednesday 05th Oct 2022 @ 12:00 pm
Doreen Su-Yin Tan
Janice Wong Yii Ching