Professor of Medicine
Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
Senior Consultant in Cardiology
Department of Cardiology
Danderyd University Hospital Corp
Board Member of the European Society of Hypertension
Board Member of the European Society of Cardiology Council on Hypertension
- Neurohormonal control of blood pressure and cardiac function in man. Specifically, we study how the sympatho-adrenal mechanisms and the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system influence structure and function in the heart, vessels, and endothelial function in hypertension and in heart failure.
- The interactions between heart and kidney in the development of atherosclerotic disease (the cardiorenal syndrome).
- Cardiovascular risk assessment and prevention.
- Gender aspects on cardiovascular disease.
- Implication of guidelines, drug prescription patterns and treatment persistence, and health economic aspects on cardiovascular disease.