ISCP-Endorsed Webinar: New Challenges in the Management of Heart Failure
November 4 - November 5
New Challenges in the Management of Heart Failure – Meet the Experts:
Tackling practical issues in the management of the heart failure patient
Join us for a 2-day integral programme on Heart Failure, where an esteemed faculty will focus on recent advances in the management of heart failure. The event consists of two online webinars on consecutive days of approximately 2 hours in duration each.
As the focus of the programme is on practical management of heart failure, the webinar sessions will be based on exemplary clinical cases and guideline recommendations to provide the attendees with up to date expert opinion on the different aspects of pharmacological treatment of heart failure.
All Faculty members are experts of international calibre with extensive clinical and research networks worldwide. Most of them have contributed to the development of national and international management guidelines.
Wednesday 4th November 2020 – Day 1
Webinar I – Heart Failure in 2020 – Where are we now and ‘Quo Vadis’?
Chair: Andrew Coats
- 12:00-12:15 – Welcome and introduction: Juan Carlos Kaski & Giuseppe Rosano
- 12:15-12:45 – HFrEF and HFpEF – Diagnosis, differences, risk stratification and management – An overview: Alexander Lyon
- 12:45-13:15 – Management of HFrEF – Current guidelines and beyond: Andrew Coats
- 13:15-13:45 – Practical issues in the management of heart failure – comorbidities – FAQ: Panel discussion – Andrew Coats, Alexander Lyon, Giuseppe Rosano
Thursday 5th November 2020 – Day 2
Webinar II – Advances in Heart Failure Management – Tackling Cardio-Renal and Metabolic Disease
Chair: Giuseppe Rosano
- 12:00-12:10 – Welcome and introduction: Juan Carlos Kaski
- 12:10-12:35 – Diabetes and HF – Clinical impact of new oral antidiabetic agents: Ramzi Ajjan
- 12:35-13:00 – Iron deficiency, frailty, clinical outcomes and management: Theresa McDonagh
- 13:25-14:00 – MDT Case Presentations – Managing HF in patients with diabetes and CKD: All
Chair: Theresa McDonagh
Panel Members: Ramzi Ajjan, Debasish Banerjee, Robin Ray, Giuseppe Rosano
This programme has been devised exclusively and independently by the meeting’s scientific committee and has been endorsed by St George’s University of London and ISCP. The industry has provided an unrestricted educational grant to cover organisational costs and has had no input into the agenda or content of this educational activity.