- This event has passed.
Ferric Carboxymaltose for Heart Failure – ISCP Online Webinar Series
April 13, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Ferric Carboxymaltose: Ironing Out the Issues Around Heart Failure Related Readmissions
Part of the A-Z of CV Pharmacotherapy Webinar Series from the ISCP.
13th April 2022 | 11:00 BST | 18:00 SGT
Do you know when, how and on which patients to use ferric carboxymaltose to treat heart failure?
Iron deficiency can have a negative impact on both mitochondrial and cardiac function and on the structure of the heart, this can lead to heart failure. Ferric carboxymaltose can improve both cardiac structure and performance.
This webinar is the first in a series of six webinars from the ISCP focusing on the A to Z of CV Pharmacotherapy. Led by moderators Chan Hong (Singapore) and Franco Cheng (Hong Kong), it includes a speaker presentation from David Sim (Singapore) and a discussion from panellists Maurizio Volterrani (Italy) and Daniel Lighezan (Romania) that will examine the importance of ferric carboxymaltose, through consideration of real-world examples, live discussions and audience Q&A.
David Sim, Maurizio Volterrani, Daniel Lighezan
Chan Hong, Franco Chen
Key learning objectives
- To evaluate and understand the importance of iron in Heart Failure
- To evaluate and understand when and how to use ferric carboxymaltose in Heart Failure
- To apply evidence-based recommendations to two real world cases
- Cardiovascular team members – Doctors, nurses and Pharmacists
- Family Physicians
- Healthcare students
- Cardiovascular pharmacotherapy researchers