Do’s and Don’ts of Taming the AF Rhythm – ISCP Online Webinar Series
Beta-blocker sotalol vs flecainide and propafenone
Do’s and don’ts of taming the AF Rhythm
Part of the A-Z of CV Pharmacotherapy Webinar Series from the ISCP.
4th August 2021 | 6.00 – 7.00pm (Singapore time UTC+8)
- Why is sotalol an undesirable AAD choice? In which subgroup would sotalol still be useful?
- What is the risk of QT prolongation with all 3 drugs?
- What is the risk of using these drugs with LVH, if any, and the mechanism of harm?
- How is sotalol unique in being both a B-blocker and an AAD?
- Flecainide and propafenone are often mentioned “in the same breath”. What are the differences and how to choose one over the other?
Prof Gheorghe Andrei Dan
Head of Cardiology and Electrophysiology Department, Head of Internal Medicine Clinic, Colentina University Hospital
Full Professor of Cardiology and Internal Medicine, Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania
Dr Grace Chang
Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Singapore
Prof Takanori Ikeda
Professor and Chairman, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Toho University Faculty of Medicine
Director of Cardiovascular Center, Toho University Medical Center, Japan
Cardiology Specialist Pharmacist, Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy, National University Of Singapore, Singapore